Affiliated to Sikkim University, A Central University established by an Act of Parliament of India, 2007.
Approved by GOS, Recognised by N.C.T.E. and by the UGC u/s 2(f) of UGC Act 1956
Harkamaya College of Education is a constituent college of Rhenock Educational Society established in the year 2003 with an overall objective of qualitative development in the pedagogical sciences of teachers and teacher educators and to provide opportunity for such courses for the locals and students of adjoining areas.
This coming year the management is coming up with a school of international standard at Rhenock, East Sikkim... Read More +
- To prepare teachers of high calibre for all levels of Education in tune with the national and international goals
- To cater to the pressing needs of the students' problems and to suggest, a meaningful and visibly relevant system of teacher education.
- To produce teachers with knowledge and character, ideals and aspirations, attitudes and motivations.
- To train teachers as leaders of the emerging society with sense of public responsibility
- To equip the teachers with motivation for manifold activities to lead a good socialised life.
- To create real audience of culture who can expand the frontiers of knowledge
- To develop an insatiative thirst in the student teachers to excel and excel to achieve
- To enable them to become good innovators
- To produce competency based and committed teachers for all levels of education.
- Preparation of resourceful and skill teachers.
- Inculcation of values of citizenship, leadership, integrity, national solidarity and other special and social values required for human beings.
- Imparting training in skills in teaching and empowering them with modern trends of education and evaluation system for quality education.
- Making them committed, devoted to the teaching for overhauling the scenario of qualitative improvement.
- Providing knowledge and understanding of pedagogy for assisting the the student teachers for effective transaction of teaching-learning.
- Acquainting the student teachers with modern means of educational technology and communication system.
Welcome to Harkamaya College of Education website. My mother late Harkamaya Chhetri, left for heavenly abode at the prime of her youth in her 30s.Her effort to provide education to my sisters and her idea not to overlook the daughters education encouraged me to establish a college in her name to commemorate her ideal thinking... Read More+
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
The course is approved by NCTE vide Letter No ERC/ 7-41. (ER-41.5.3)/ 2004/ 501, Dated Feb. 6th 2004 and is affiliated to Sikkim University w.e.f 2008 - 09 academic session vide letter No. SU/CORS/Pvt College/2008/169 dated 2nd Sept 2008. The course is also approved by GOS vide Letter No. 01 /08/248/03/3 64/Est/EDN... Read More +
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
The course is approved by NCTE vide Order No. ERC/7 - 56.11 (6) 2005/1480 dated May 12, 2005, affiliated to Sikkim University vide letter No. SU/CORS/Pvt College/2008/169 dated 2nd Sept 2008 and is approved by GOS vide Order No. 237/Est-l dated December 27, 2004. It is of one year duration having two semesters... Read More +
The college has well equipped library and reading rooms with more than 9948 references and recommended books for the U.G. and P.G. Courses. This includes a number of foreign publications...
The College has four wellequipped laboratories in Educational Technology, Psychology cum Learning Resource Centre, Bio-science and Geography. As Educational....
The Placement and Information Bureau of the College provides counseling and exchange of information with the students regarding employment opportunity and ...
The College publishes wall magazine and quarterly bulletins. It helps young talents to blossom and elevate levels of understanding on the topics of concerned courses...