Affiliated to Sikkim University, A Central University established by an Act of Parliament of India, 2007.
Approved by GOS, NAAC accredited, Recognised by N.C.T.E. and by the UGC u/s 2(f) of UGC Act 1956
- To prepare teachers of high caliber for all levels of education in tune with the national and international goals
- To cater to the pressing needs of the students' problems and to suggest, a meaningful and visibly relevant system of teacher education.
- To produce teachers with knowledge and character, ideals and aspirations, attitudes and motivations.
- To train teachers as leaders of the emerging society with sense of public responsibility
- To equip the teachers with motivation for manifold activities to lead a good socialized life.
- To develop an instigative thirst in the student teachers to achieve excellence.
- To enable them to become good innovators
- To produce competency based and committed teachers for all levels of education.
- Preparation of resourceful and skilled teachers.
- Inculcation of values of citizenship/leadership, integrity, national solidarity and other national values required for being true and responsible citizen of the nation.
- Imparting training in teaching skills and acquainting them with modern trends of education and evaluation system for quality education.
- Making them committed, devoted to the teaching for overhauling the scenario of qualitative improvement.
- Providing knowledge and understanding of pedagogy for assisting the student teachers for effective transaction of teaching-learning.
- Acquainting the student teachers with modern means of educational technology and communication system.
Welcome to Harkamaya College of Education website. My mother late Harkamaya Chhetri, left for heavenly abode at the prime of her youth in her 30s.Her effort to provide education to my sisters and her idea not to overlook the daughters education encouraged me to establish a college in her name to commemorate her ideal thinking... Read More+
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
The course is approved by NCTE vide Letter No ERC/ 7-41. (ER-41.5.3)/ 2004/ 501, Dated Feb. 6th 2004 and is affiliated to Sikkim University w.e.f 2008 - 09 academic session vide letter No. SU/CORS/Pvt College/2008/169 dated 2nd Sept 2008. The course is also approved by GOS vide Letter No. 01 /08/248/03/3 64/Est/EDN... Read More +
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
The course is approved by NCTE vide Order No. ERC/7 - 56.11 (6) 2005/1480 dated May 12, 2005, affiliated to Sikkim University vide letter No. SU/CORS/Pvt College/2008/169 dated 2nd Sept 2008 and is approved by GOS vide Order No. 237/Est-l dated December 27, 2004. It is of one year duration having two semesters... Read More +
Candidates of any discipline in with first class marks in Master's Degree preferably NET / SLET qualified need to apply to The Director, Harkamaya College of Education. for filling up vacancies of faculty as and when required. Having a good background of English language would be given preference.
The college has well equipped library and reading rooms with more than 9948 references and recommended books for the U.G. and P.G. Courses. This includes a number of foreign publications...
The College has four wellequipped laboratories in Educational Technology, Psychology cum Learning Resource Centre, Bio-science and Geography. As Educational....
The Placement and Information Bureau of the College provides counseling and exchange of information with the students regarding employment opportunity and ...
The College publishes wall magazine and quarterly bulletins. It helps young talents to blossom and elevate levels of understanding on the topics of concerned courses...